I don’t remember my first birthday. Which is a huge shame, if you think about it, considering the fuss people make when you turn one. Hell, when my first child had endured 12 months of mortality I squashed together two Waitrose chocolate confections and lovingly covered the cracks with Smarties ALL BY MYSELF. OK, the second kid got half a packet of chocolate buttons on his first birthday, but hey; no-one likes an overachiever.
Anyway, the point is that first birthdays are special. And guess what? Today (28th February 2017) The Pink House’s turns 1 (well nearly; The Pink House is actually a leap year baby, born 29 Feb 2016) and I intend to remember every rose-tinted minute.
So much has happened since The Pink House launched it makes my head spin. Here are just a few highlights:
- winning Best Newcomer at the 2016 Amara Interior Blog Awards
- creating and curating the Style Studio space at River Island's Oxford Street flagship store (plus launch party with bespoke Pink House cocktails)
- sharing my colourful Christmas styling tips in a photoshoot and interview for Marks & Spencer’s Style & Living magazine, complete with mini-movie ad that caused Facebook viewers to liken me and Alex from the Frugality to rabid chipmunks
- having The Pink House featured in Grazia, The Times, Scotland on Sunday, Good Homes and The Herald (among others)
- having The Pink House featured on Design Sponge, A Beautiful Mess, Apartment Therapy, Mad About The House, Swoonworthy and The Frugality (among others)
- editing the interiors special edition of i-on, Scotland's largest lifestyle magazine (plus writing an ongoing monthly interior column)
- writing the story behind The Pink House’s creation for Smallish magazine
- having @pinkhouseliving Instagram voted no 1 in Amara Interior Blog Awards’ ‘Top 10 Inspiring Interior Instagram Accounts’
- writing about hotel style steal for Glamour and EKBB magazines
- partnering with Wendy Morrison Design to create a six-month-long campaign celebrating their beautiful handmade rugs
- reviewing stunning hotels, including Thyme England; Firmdale’s Knightsbridge Hotel; Rocco Forte’s Balmoral and The Artist Residence
- getting my own gin sponsor in the seductive shape of rosy-hued Pinkster gin
- designing and blogging about a bathroom that has gone out-of-control viral on Pinterest
- throwing an award-win celebration party for 65 Pink House Guests, in association with Belvedere Vodka, Pumpkin Brown and Snapdragon flowers
Yes – it’s been an epic year. So how best to celebrate it? With the very pinkest and most fabulous of giveaways, of course! Drumroll please…because…
The Pink House is giving away THIS pink velvet Designers Guild upholstered armchair from Sofas & Stuff WORTH £1442!!! (seriously - it deserves three exclamation marks)
I kid you not, dear Pink House Guests. This actual very exact armchair of dreams, as seen here (above) in The Pink House, could be yours. More details? OK then…the Sofas & Stuff armchair is called the Woodbridge and is covered in Designers Guild Glenville, Camellia fabric, AKA the most gorgeously delicious pink. Want to win it? Stupid question! Well then, head on over to The Pink House’s Instagram, where you’ll find all the details (once you're there, click on the pic of the pink armchair in front of the black door).
Why Sofas & Stuff I hear you ask? Well, I approached the British-made brand to see if they were interested in collaborating with The Pink House because I was so incredibly impressed by the beautiful snugglers they made for my Den (below). I was also wowed by the service this British brand offers: it will upholster its fab furniture in any fabric in the world. How cool is that?!
But while you can totally choose any fabric known to (wo)man, Sofas & Stuff also offers two fabric ranges in its showrooms: the concise ‘house’ range, and a plethora of ‘designer’ offerings from big-name brands including Designers Guild, Romo, Osborne & Little, Colefax & Fowler, Liberty and loads more – fabric heaven.
If you’re overwhelmed by choice, Sofas & Stuff’s in-house interior design consultants are there to help you find the fabric that looks most fabulous with your scheme - or they can help you plan your room from scratch. All advice is free and you can just pop in or book an appointment.
As well as its handmade sofas, there’s also a speedy, seven-day sofa collection known as Sofa Pronto if you need your luxe lounging, like, y’know, NOW!
Basically, ordering a sofa from Sofas & Stuff makes you feel like all your birthdays have come at once – I genuinely can’t remember a more exciting day than when my sumptuous Haresfield snugglers (covered in Samoa Velvets Lorca Tupai with Designer Guild Fuchsia Varese velvet piping since you ask) arrived at The Pink House. And of course the Pink House Husband had a great day too, because obviously happy wife = happy life.
Right better go: candles to blow out, pink champagne to drink and snugglers to snuggle in…Cheers!
Enter The Pink House's 1st Birthday Giveaway to win a beautiful pink Sofas & Stuff armchair covered in pink Designers Guild velvet (as seen above) by clicking through to The Pink House's Instagram HERE and then clicking on a photo of the pink armchair for more info. Competition closes at 8pm on Sunday 12 March.